Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Describe a good friend

My last entry and this one are home-learning tasks set by our teacher. What we have to do is describe a person we know quite well (e.g. a parent) without describing their physical attributes. You aren't just supposed to tell people about them, though, you're meant to make they reader feel as if they know them. It is actually quite challenging. I didn't totally get it in my first attempt. I was more describing our relationship, and what she is like as a mother. I don't really think of her as a person, you know. Mum is what she is to me. But this time we had to describe a good friend, and this is what I did.

I walk with her to and from school nearly everyday, and we never run out of things to say. It almost seems as if we have our own language, because we talk so fast and seem to know what the other is feeling. I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of her (she can seriously maim you with a pen if she wants to) because her temper can flare and she can get feisty. She hands out on the hot rod scene with the best of 'em, but is also a graceful and talented dancer. She'll laugh at an
inside joke from years ago, and laugh into hysteria right by your side. She's the sort of person who will come over to your house just to straighten your hair. She listens to everyone one of the million things I have to say. She takes on my obsessions, (she'll now forever be annoyed by grammar errors) and she will run around in the blazing heat just because you wanted to join the cross country team. But sometimes our words aren't even needed; we can share opinions and agree on things with just a glance. We've never fought in all the years we've known each other.
Ma
amie. My comrade. My chum. My friend.

No comments: