Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Funny Story

We were told to write a funny story about something that has occurred in our class this year. I am actually quite glad that we got this task, because I think I need the practice when it comes to writing normal events creatively and interestingly. This is what I came up with.

The science lesson began like any other. Every face alight with joy, eagerly awaiting the class ahead. We all walked in silently, quietly removed our books from our bags and walked quickly to our desks. No-one wanted to miss a second of learning when it came to the study of Ecology. The lesson was filled with the sound of pens scratching, and the teacher telling us everything we wanted to hear. The clock ticked by, and we all absorbed the information like the sponges we were.
Then, suddenly, the teacher announced a surprise definition test. The students mouths opened slightly and worried expressions took up residence on their faces. You could read the single thought traveling through everyone of their minds, it was as clear as the text in a book on advanced molecular theory. But I haven't even studied!
Of course no one made a comment, questioning a teacher's ability and talking back to them, we all felt, was a filthy habit.
The sound of pages turning and pens clicking nervously rose through the air. The entire atmosphere was disconcerting. People flicked glances at one another, exchanging their mutual understanding. If anyone got less than perfect, their would be a long road to recovery.

'The first word is 'Chemical Exchange'.
I literally felt the relief ease into the room like a sigh. This wasn't going to be the disaster we had all envisioned.
We didn't realise how wrong we could be.
The terms kept coming, getting more difficult by the letter, it seemed. A lot of the words were unknown to us, and a feeling of hysteria and distress was building in the classroom.
People were starting to break down.
Drew was holding his head in his hands, close to tears. Not knowing the answers had just proved too much.
Soon enough, panicked conversation was bubbling up and over the teacher's voice in an inappropriate style usually not connected to our science class.
The teacher was surprised, her class were always such angels.
No one knew what letter she was up to anymore- it was chaos.
The teacher's voice rose above the tumult.
'I am on 'P'!' She said, 'I am on 'P'!
*
Our class was never the same after that event. Nearly getting told off had deeply affected us all. The next science lesson came and went, and some people even talked when the teacher was talking!
I knew it had been a traumatising event, but I had no idea it would drive people to such extremities.

No comments: