Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Home-Learning Task

Her voice is the first thing I hear in the morning. I blink bleary-eyed at her as she says, 'Morning, love,'.
She's my mum, and she can make everything alright. She knows me inside out, at times convincing me she knows more about me than I do. The sounds of her
footsteps late at night is the most reassuring of lullabies. The light drifting from her studio in the kitchen like a night light is as comforting as her sitting at the end of my bed. Her arms wrapping me into a hug take me to a safe place, from where I will emerge more positive. The scent of turpentine and wet paint creates a picture of her in my mind. She makes sure I do not immerse myself solely in the logic side of life. The way she looks at the world, the pure creativity and talent that she possesses, encourages and challenges me, helping me grow as surely as the orchids she tends to and adores. For someone I have spent my entire life with, describing her is proving to be an almost impossible task. What can I tell you? She is my home. She is the epitome of love and comfort, strength and safety and nurture. She is my mother.

No comments: