Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sunday grill

Every week I look forward to reading the Sunday paper, or, more specifically, the Sunday magazine and the Escape extra. I sometimes try to appear intelligent by reading the actual paper, and often an article catches my eye, though usually I just stick to these two literary...um, things. Anyway, there are many regular columns that I look forward to in both these magazines. The 'Shoe of the Week'; the recipes; 'going up, going down'... It's all good fun.

One page I always look forward to reading is titled
the sunday grill. An interviewer asks the same set of questions to a different person each week. I'm unsure what the criteria for the kind of person interviewed is, though they usually have something to do with the arts. I'm unsure if the answers are always true, I think they just say whatever sounds witty. To the reader like me, sitting in bed trying to eat cereal (I stress the word trying), I don't mind at all.
I am going to answer theses questions now, to fill in the space of the rest of this entry. I will say that I am going to be truthful, mainly because I know I won't be funny.

-clears throat-

What do you so on Sunday morning? Sleep in, wake up, doze, read and eat.

Pink or red lipstick? Uh...Chapstick?

What are you like at parties? Either singing happy birthday, dancing, or mingling tastefully (it's true!).

What do you smell of? I'll go by what I smell of after cross country; Happy Belle for women (delicious smelling...picked it up at Meenoos in Fiji) or Love Knot (a knock-off perfume I got from the Easter show for five bucks), but most probably sports deodorant.

Who is the most stylish living person on the planet? I don't know, Gerard Way?

Tell us your best shoe memory: okay, let me set the scene. We were looking for new netball shoes; my other pair were in tatters. We went to Rebel Sports, and I looked at these beautiful black and white Asiscs gel netburner shoes. Gorgeous! They were $160 (I had actually looked at them weeks before, never expecting to get them). I tried on some running shoes form the same brand and they felt so great. Mum said, 'you can get both if you hurry up'. What a feeling! I went for a run that afternoon- it was like I was running on a cloud.

Give us three words to describe your style: style? lack there of. Okay, how about summery, and jean-based.

What part of your body do you neglect? My back, I haven't seen it in a while.

Who is your favourite New Zealand designer? I don't really know! I only am aware of two names, Trelise Cooper and Karen Walker.

Tell us your favourite song lyrics: tough choice, probably
I wanna see what your insides look like, I bet your not pretty on the inside
Bury me in black, My Chemical Romance.

What are the five shallow, materialistic things you can't live without? My water bottle, my current book, music, shoes, jeans.

What is your first thought when you see yourself in the morning? Hello, you.

Have you found yourself yet? (Can someone please tell me what this means?) If you mean my place in the world, or what I am meant to do, then no.

Well, that was brutal- way harder than I expected. Hoped you enjoyed it!

No comments: