Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Friday, September 26, 2008

What a relief

It's the holidays. They are finally here!
What a complete relief. Two blissful weeks await.
It's only four minutes to two this Saturday, and my day has already been truly holiday-esque. I woke up around the usual time, and then, luxuriously, went back to sleep. When I finally did awake, it was to the smell of pancakes. What a delight! I dozed, the warm, sweet scent lingering about me, feeling rather at peace with the world. It such a simple pleasure; stretching among the cozy sheets of my bed, opaque light streaming through my curtains.

After I could no longer resist the smell of the wholemeal pancakes, I hopped out of bed, and greeted my family. The smell was stronger out in the lounge, and air slightly smoky; it was all quite delicious. After a warm serving of these treats, accompanied by vanilla yogurt, I went back to bed and read my book. I am currently engrossed in the vampire romance, Twilight. I started yesterday afternoon, and I have already flipped page 200.
I love being really into a book, when the character's thought are yours, and you can lose yourself among the story for hours. Reading, among other things, is how I relax.

I eventually pulled myself away from Bella and Edward to get dressed. It put on my new blue jumper, which is long, and has about 7 multi-coloured stripes across it. The garment sounds horrid, but it actually is nice. We were going to go visit my grandfather in hospital. He has just had a operation, bless him. My dad is not feeling to well himself, and we agreed that it was inconsiderate to go to a hospital when you have the flu.

As an alternative course of action, we went to buy circus tickets. I'm so excited. Better yet, we are in VIP ring-side seats. We're going tonight; it's going to be such a blast.
We went then to go and buy fish'n'chips, which I really wasn't in the mood for. We went down to the beach, and I had some overly-oily, heart-disease-causing chips and a potato fritter. Our family doesn't usually ever eat like this, and this meal was just another confirmation of why.

When we returned home, my brother and I went to shoot hoops in the garden. We have been doing this daily for the last couple of days. It is another way just to unwind, and I always feel so guilty being inside when it's beautiful out.
I then read some more. A little while later, I decided to temporarily leave Forks to write this blog entry.

For the first time in ages, Ms. Wilson checked our blogs on the Smart Board in class. My link didn't even work, but she congratulated people who had just one entry this month, so I think I'm fine.

Oh, another thing. Guess what I dreamed about last night? No, not another chemistry nightmare. We, as in our class, were sitting in our science class, and Ms. Wilson called me over. She then informed me that she wanted me to do both NCEA Level 1 and 2 next year. I freaked out, and just kept saying 'What!' over and over again. Then I started explaining to her about the sun expanding and encompassing Earth in 11 billion years, and then it kind of got hazy.
Dreams are fascinating, don't you think? Either way, my parents still laughed at me when I told them about it.

I guess that's all for now. These holidays are going to be great. I'm going to hang out with my friends lots, go to the beach heaps, and read a number of good books.
And, if you hadn't already came to this conclusion; yes, I am feeling rather optimistic.

No comments: