Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Saturday, September 20, 2008

You only live once

Everyone has things that they want to do in their lifetime. Bungee jumping and sky-diving are popular among these 'before I die' lists, and they are certainly on mine. I have a large number of things that I really want to do; places I want to go; people I yearn to meet.
So, let's get started.

First off, to make the list authentic:
Bungee jumping.
Sky diving. Throwing myself of high objects just appeals to me, plus free-falling is a blast.

I want to...
Speak fluent French, and live in France.
See all the Parisian sights, and holiday in Nice (I hear it's really nice there).
Sail down the Nile.
Tramp around the bottom of the South Island of New Zealand and Stewart Island.
Buy a giant pretzel in America some where.
See the mini strawberry fields dedicated to John Lennon in Central Park, NY.
See my name in print- it would be fantastic to get published (I'm not sure what exactly it would be, though).
I want to go to the Olympics at least once. It would be amazing. (As a spectator, you idiot!)
And, I want to be an Olympic volunteer, and cycle next to the rowers, oh, and see Jörgen Persson win an Olympic gold medal for Ping-Pong.
I also want to go to a cheer-leading or gymnastics world championships (to watch, obviously)- it would be such a cool experience.
To run the London Half-Marathon, but firstly be able to run 21 km.
Have a white Christmas, and build a snowman with a carrot nose and everything.
To go to an American baseball game and go crazy (like everyone else), and get a foam finger!
Float in the Red Sea.
Dive in the Great Barrier Reef.
Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Climb the Harbour Bridge, and the Skytower, and also ab-sail of the latter.
Have tea and jaffa cakes in England somewhere.
Travel around London atop a double-decker red bus.
I want to go everywhere!

I don't know what I want to be, as in a career, but I know where I want that career to take me. I have goals.
Ever since I was a young girl, I have always said I wanted to be a 'household name'. I don't care about being movie-star famous, and I don't particularly want to be, but what I would like to be is renowned in my profession. Perhaps, if I became a doctor,within the international medical community I would like to be known as a great doctor.
Although sometimes, I yearn for more. I want to be remembered. I want to be looked up to, and studied in schools. I want some little boy or girl to hear about me 100 years from now; research me; find me interesting; be impressed and inspired.
But what I would have done remains unknown.

I refuse to doubt myself, I am going to make a positive difference to this world. That is the main goal, and that is going to happen.
I am going to do all those amazing things on my list, and more, you just wait!

No comments: