Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Monday, September 1, 2008

A day in the life of me

This morning my dad woke me up at six o'clock, and we went for our usual (as of last week) walk along the beach. The tide was high, the wind was picking up, but it was lovely. I got home, got ready for school, then had breakfast (porridge with coconut). I then walked to Brennyn's house, as I do most days, and have been doing so for years, and then walked with her to school with her. I had French first, and we did work on past tense, and listened to a very random French song. It was painfully catchy, and our teacher said it wasn't a bad song and then mimed using the maracas.
Yeah, I know.

Tutor time, nothing special, just reading my old copy of Healthy Food Guide magazine. Pretty exciting stuff. We sat outside science at morning tea, as per usual, and ate and talked (as per usual).
I then had drama, and we did all sorts of neat stuff for our monologues and our characters for them. It has to be a famous sportsperson. I am doing the incredible long distance runner, Paula Radcliffe.
After that, for third period, we had English. We started ''nutting out'' our speeches that we'l probably have to do sometime next week. A lot of people don't like public speaking, in fact, I heard somewhere that it is the biggest fear in adults, but I don't have a problem with it. I actually kind of enjoy. People's undivided attention...sounds good!

Lunch. Food, and sitting outside science again. Nothing spectacular. Just a salad sandwich and Bobbie and Frankie talking about "gay romance" pairings. I had science last, and instead of the mid-term test we had been promised, we had a reliever. I got all my work done, there wasn't that much, then had interesting conversation with Courtney and Co.

Cross Country after school. We did the one km car-park warm up (thanks Nike + sportband), and then a four km beach run. There was rain on the horizon, so we just ran to the car park. But Erica, because she's crazy, ran right to the end, even though she is sick.
According to my sportband thing, I bet my best pace again. They are that reliable though, because sometimes when I walk up the road it's 0.8km, and other days it registers as 1.3km or something. Oh well, 4 minute kms is not something I am going to complain about.

I went to the library after that with Cassandra. The magazine I need for my speech was there, and I got a book out that was on my 'to read' list. I also got one other short novel, plus a Dolly and a Creme. One book I got was translated from French, and the other from Spanish, and I didn't even realise. How cultured am I?

I was walking home when a car pulled up beside me. It was my older brother, Jedd. He gave me a lift home, and I couldn't stop staring at him. He's a good driver, it just doesn't look right for him to be driving a car.

Got home, ate a carrot and a golden kiwi, and read my magazines. Helped to cook dinner, ate dinner, then spent the next two hours vaguely watching Talledaga Nights (or whatever) and listening to music on the computer. My stereo remains broken, and it is the most frustrating thing ever (or at least seems that way). I keep playing loud music on the computer in order to irritate my parents into repairing (or paying for the repairs) of my beloved stereo.

That was my Monday. It's the first of September today. The first day of Spring, apparently, and Random Act of Kindness day. I didn't help a random, sadly, but there's always tomorrow.

No comments: