Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Friday, October 17, 2008

Planned procrastination

Hi there. Instead of doing real work, my chores, or something truly productive (or at least due in the near future) I am going to write this entry. I think I am going to include a long, ambitious list of things that I should do today. Fun, huh?
This day's going okay so far. I woke up at seven and made myself get out of bed- I had promised myself I would get up early. I have been having trouble getting to sleep later, so my theory is the earlier I get up, the tireder I will be, and then it will take me less time of tossing and turning for me to fall asleep.

I got straight out of bed and into my new, gorgeous Kathmandu shorts, a t-shirt and jacket. I was going for a ride. I left a note on the front hall table and stole out of the house. Just opening the work-shop door and seeing her there puts a smile on my face. I rode up the road as usual; up to the top of the hill and back down again. Oh, and I stopped and looked at the stunning view in between. I love early morning. So crisp and cold and new. The moon looked so big and inflated, hanging at the opposite side of the sky to the rising sun.

After flying down the hill I rode along the main road, planning to go to the school. When I got to the entrance I saw one cyclist go right down in front of me. I don't particularly like cyclists. No, that's not true, I just don't like riding by them. I'm not very fast, I'm not in cycling gear or anything and I feel stupid. I don't even like riding on the road too much, especially busy ones, I usually stick to the footpath. I went down a steep hill and up again, to kill some time. I went back to the school then, though. The rain was threatening and I did feel a few drops, so I headed home. It didn't end up raining, and now the sun is shining, but that's nothing different for this part of the world. Yep, I just looked out the window and it is fine and beautiful- I hope it holds out for tomorrow.
Oh, and I had a fruit bagel for breakfast. That makes a day good, surely? And if that's not enough, I'm probably going to see my freinds later tonight and see a movie.

Okay, so for what I should do today.
-Colour in my static image
-tidy my reasonably messy room
-go through my NSW papers and look at my errors, etc
-finish my maths homework
-finish the rest of the social science work; a notable amount
-do my French homework and revise for the unit test next week
-help my mum with chores (ew)

That's actually not so bad, is it? That's possible and totally do-able. Perhaps my old habit of writing massive, over-ambitious lists is diminishing? Well, there are unnecessary school tasks that I could be doing, like study or looking up the details of an achievement standard we have coming up. They're not unnecessary, as such, I lie again, but they don't need to be done for quite a while, or at all.
Is this long enough, do you think? Word says that it is 562 words long. I think that's good. I have got a bit to do today, anyway. Au revoir.

No comments: