Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sheesh dad

Okay, what I am about to write is stupidly teenage and 'you ruined my life'-esque and so may offend some people. Not reading this entry is recommended.

Today, after visiting the chiropractor for my stupid back and ankle (which is freezing in a bucket of icy water as I write) I went down to the local soccer fields to watch my little brother play is third ever game of soccer. As you may have guessed, it is very entertaining. But man, those soccer mums are competitive. I mean, yeah, I am too, but I'm not the one yelling out 'get in there George!' and screaming 'don't just stand there, Sam!'. At any rate, I was just standing there with my dad, having a bit of a laugh; nothing out of the ordinary. Something you might imagine to be embarrassment-free.

Wait just a second. Before I get into the gory details I would like to admit that I am aware that I sound like a stupid pre-teen (not that I'm far off) desperate to be a teenager and worried about her reputation. I went through that phase, thank you very much, and have no desire to revisit it. When I was 11, I was critically embarrassed of my parents. Why couldn't they be normal? Etc., etc., etc.

So, yeah. Standing there, yelling encouragingly at Jack- a good family orientated pass time. My dad goes off to the stall to get more lollies. Mistake number one. If he goes off somewhere he has to come back.
Mistake number 2: vaguely pointing out to my dad which refs I recognise from school.

Mistake number 3: Seamus.

Okay, that's a little harsh but who cares?
I'd been standing there for ages so why did he choose that moment to come over?

I also understand that this is kind of weird because said mistake trois is in our class and we aren't meant to write about people but, in my defence, he does say he's "The Doctor".

He came over. He could have just yelled his greetings but he came over and soon enough we were standing awkwardly. You can leave now, Seamus. What was I doing here? Well, I was watching my brother's game. I have brother? Yeah, I told you that when you asked
last week. Yep, the one in the red shirt.
No, no, dad- turn around! Then my dad came over.

'Hey dude!' Dude? Dude! Seamus looked frightened. My dad had just said dude. To Seamus.
'Eve's told me all about you, you're Seamus right?' Dad, oh, dad. Ground, please swallow me up. Seamus, go away. They shake hands. Seamus actually walks away slightly away and my dad walks with him. They talk!
I am walking in the opposite direction. I'm red, I know it. My blood is justified in rising and cooling itself nearer the surface of my skin- Seamus (Summer Glau/ Doctor Who/ tele-porting Seamus) and my father were all of a sudden best buddies.

I mouthed I hate you at the BFF's and dad yelled over his shoulder 'I'm going to get it now!'.
Joy. Joy oh joy oh joy. Thanks dad. Yeah, I love you too.
I wonder what is going to happen tomorrow. My dad's best friend has not shown a track record of forgetting things or letting things go. In fact, he has a nasty habit of bringing stuff up from years ago.

I hate being embarrassed. Especially in front of Seamus, of all people.
A very weird happening indeed. At least I got to go home straight afterwards. And at least my mum wasn't there. Okay, so it wasn't a disaster. But, still. C'mon. Rather you than me.
I haven't been shamed like that in a while. I guess I just had it coming.

No comments: