Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter.

This Easter break has been really enjoyable. The weather has been gorgeous and I have further mastered the skill of relaxing.
My family don't celebrate Easter with buying chocolate eggs, but indulgence in sweet things has been
tattooed into the holiday as tradition. So, I decided to make fudge. It is actually quite simple to make, but you need to stand and stir it at the stove for half an hour. I had decided to pour it into the bottom of muffin tins so it would be circular. The baking paper creased though, so it resembled a flower, which was fine with me. It set so quickly once it was off the heat, it was surprising.
My little brother and I decorated baking paper with pictures and patterns to wrap it in.
We then wrapped up the fudge and tied to top
with string.
On Easter Sunday I hid the packages in the garden and my five-year-old brother went on his very own Easter hunt.
Jack then donned the bunny ears, pink bow- tie and fluffy tail we had purchased from the the $2 Shop for three dollars and handed out fudge to all of us.
It was very rich, so one piece was enough to satisfy a sweet-tooth.
Considering the three and a half cups of sugar that goes into it, as well as condensed milk and golden syrup, I wouldn't want it any other way.

That said, I thought I would tell you that I really like baking. I don't mind cooking dinners and things, and Mum has been teaching me some of the classic meals, but baking, for me, I just enjoy so much more. I have been cooking cakes and cookies for ages, and now I am going to try and make my skills more eclectic. It really is quite fascinating how you can use rather simple ingredients to produce delicious food.

That it for this entry, I urge you to give baking a go. I have to admit, though, that it can be dangerous, because if you're making all these sweet treats, you want to try them and it's not healthy to be eating cake all the time!

No comments: