Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Update

Hello, hello, and welcome to a short update on the life of yours truly.

Firstly, I got a call back from the teachers running the production so I get to audition again. Our school production is Alice in Wonderland and I auditioned for the Queen of Hearts. Year twelves are going for it as well though, and they are just
so good, so they'll probably get a lot of the main parts. To begin with I had decided only to do the play if I got a main part, but I'll probably do it now, whatever part I get, if in the end, I do get a part.

I really,
really want to go to the National Model United Nations but I asked my mum and she just scoffed, and said, 'yeah right'. It probably wasn't my best move to mention it on the way back from the event on Saturday, though.
I am going to enter a scholarship-essay competition to get aid with the cost, so, wish me luck!
It is picked on the merits of a thousand word essay on Malta's contribution to the UN since it joined.

I go to the three-night-four-day netball tournament this Thursday. According to the draw, we are going to play nine games. If we win them, then we will play more. Imagine: four games in a day!
We had our first training last Thursday and it all went pretty well. After this tournament we are going to be playing as a unit, we are going to be really tight. This trip is going to be such a
team building exercise.

I ran the beach run for cross country last Friday. Our coach had always kept some people back and let what I thought of as the 'real' runners go, but we all went and I didn't stop running the whole time. Now, I can just keep working on my speed.

Oh, if you were wondering, C.V. stands for Curriculum Vitae, which means,
basically, the biographical course of one's training or career. Vitae is Latin for the course of one's life or career

Also, I had always wondered what i.e. stood for, and it means id est, which is Latin for that is, and we use it in the context of 'that is to say'.
E.g. is also an acronym for Latin, as well;
exempli gratia, which means 'for example'.

By the way, many people from the class have commented on the length of my entries.
For example: 'your blog entries are
so long!' and, when I asked someone what they thought of one of my entries they told me, 'oh, I didn't read it all, it was too long'. What I have to say to this is not totally literate, but along the lines of 'people, come on!'. I admit, I do have a lot to say, but short entries that have not real content and/or don't explain or elaborate on what you have said , are pointless and therefore, in my opinion, a waste of time.

So, yeah, this entry did not flow in the slightest. So, to continue in the same respect, I'll leave you with a completely random
quote that doesn't fit in at all.

Everything in moderation,
including moderation.

No comments: