Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Friday, March 7, 2008

Salut

Salut blog-reader,
I am applying to be involved in something called The Youth Declaration. I heard about this through the UNYANZ [www.unyanz.coM], and I am really excited about it.
Basically, it's to let the government and leaders of New Zealand know what the youth of the nation think about important issues concerning the future.
It's a conference held at a University.

I have to apply, explaining why I want to do it, my motivation and what I can contribute. As working in the diplomatic service interests me, I think this will be really beneficial.
There are twelve different topics that, in the end of the conference, you have to present statements about what you think of the issue (e.g.: education) and what you think should be done to improve it for the future.
This document will be shown to leaders of our nation, including parliament officials. It will be kept for future reference.
There will be about 12-15 students in each group (pupils from years 10-13
are eligible to apply).
This is the first ever Declaration in Auckland.

So, once I've ranked my preferred topics I mail off my form and hope for the best.
My only concern is that all the other levels will be more intelligent than me because they've been in this world longer, and that they'll be looking for more experienced, knowledgeable students. It it would be a little
biased just to have older students- it's fair to have a range of ages.

I really want this, and I do believe I can contribute to it.
It would be such an amazing thing to be involved in.

So, wish me luck!

That's an entry from the blog I had started on First Class.
Well, I just though I would add that I GOT IN.
Yes, I am officially going to the first ever Auckland Youth Declaration.
One of the people organising it, he is also the Vice President for the Auckland branch of the UNYANZ (United Nations Youth Association of New Zealand), emailed me to inform me of my successful application and he also wrote that I was the first year ten to register.
I wasn't to sure if I should be pleased or scared about that fact so I just decided to be both.
He did say that they were 'stoked' that I was the first year ten to apply, and that I could 'show the older guys how it's done'.
I'm not sure which committee I will be in yet, but I was apparently an early applicant and have a good chance of my first choice, which was poverty.
I am so excited about it, it's going to be a great experience and it has the potential to effect our nation!

If you're interested, applications close on March 14th, you can find all the information using the above link and going to Regional, then Auckland.

When I first read the e-mail I felt so successful and exhilarated- it was just a great feeling. Definitely one I want to experience more, that's for sure.

So, I reckon that's all.
See you.

No comments: