Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

M.U.N.

Model United Nations

That's right folks, I am representing Brazil in the Auckland Regional MUN of 2008.
This will be my first MUN and I am very anxious about it, albeit I am excited as well.
It is going to be so cool!

I hope you are aware of what the organisation the United Nations is and a little about what it does. Basically, these conferences simulate what happens at the real UN and gives youth the
opportunity to discuss important issues effecting the world.

The mission statement for the United Nation Youth Association is:
The United Nations Youth Association is an organisation run by youth, for youth, dedicated to upholding the spirit of the United Nations through raising the awareness, involvement and empowerment of young people in local, national and international spheres

I am going to be in the Environment Program but resolutions and topics haven't been uploaded yet.
It's has, and will continue to, taken lots of preparation. There are pages of vocabulary we have to know, charts of rules and motions,
amendments, preambulatory and operative clauses, country research, position papers and speeches in front of the General Assembly...

Okay, so I
might have wanted to sound intelligent using all those terms but it's really not as complicated as it sounds.
On the first day we are in committees of around forty people, the
EP is one committee, and we will discuss and debate resolutions through formal debate and moderated and unmoderated caucus.
The next day, it's the General Assembly, and what happens is all the delegates get together and speak, making conclusions, and the like, about what had been discussed the previous day.

Just before I bought, well my mum paid for it, my second outfit of
western business attire which you have to wear to the conference.

It's in just over two weeks at Auckland University. I am really looking forward to it but I think I'll need all the time I can get so I can memorise my
clear file-full of MUN information.
I've got an essay to plan, production auditions to think about, continual homework to keep up with, cross country training and...

NETBALL TRAINING. Guess who got into the top year ten team? Me!

Yeah, so that's about it.
Busy is better than bored.

Ciao.

No comments: