Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Cross Country

The other day, I think it was Friday, our tutor teacher was reading out the notices and I heard about a cross country training group that was starting up. I decided that I would join, even though I am not the an extremely sporty person. Though I did come seventh in the school cross country last year.
So, I made this decision to do running training and one of my best friends decided to come a get fit with me. Thank you,
Brennyn! It was very nice of her, she's willing to run 4kms with me, three times a week! And it looks as though we'll be exposed to hot temperatures in the height of the afternoon sun, too.
We had our first session after school today, and, despite anxieties, it wasn't that bad.
We walked home feeling as though we could have done another lap.
Leaving us wanting a little more- that was perfect.
Our trainer, John, has trained Olympians, so we are extremely lucky to have him.
I do like running, and I am looking forward to getting fit.

I've read that a healthy heart (fit) will pump up to 20% more oxygen to the brain, so in the long run it will benefit me in lots of other parts of my life as well.

Speaking of sports, we will hopefully hear what netball teams we're in this year soon, five girls won't make it into the second league so it's a tad nerve-racking!

Yes, I guess I am feeling pretty sporty.

Bye for now.

No comments: