Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Monday, April 21, 2008

Horton Hears a Who

Horton Hears a Who is a wonderful movie. I have just returned from seeing it, on this windy Tuesday morning. Based upon a story by Dr. Zeuss himself, I knew it would be lovely, and it was.
The story goes a little something like this: Horton is an elephant living in the jungle of
Nool. One day, during his morning swim, a speck of dust floats by and he hears a cry coming from the speck. He is convinced that there is a person, or possibly people, living on the speck, and that they need his help. He eventually gets to communicate with the life forms on the speck, and there is indeed a whole lot of people who call the speck their home. Living in the speck of dust is all of the Whos, in a place called Whoville. The Whos have no idea that their world is a speck of dust. They are all in danger and so Horton takes it upon himself to help the Whos and take them somewhere that they can continue there existence in peace. He is ridiculed and isolated by the fellow animals of the jungle, and only his best friend Morton believes him.
But Horton
perseveres, and sticks to his morals, even when the whole of his community is against him.
This movie conveys a great principle- a person is a person, no matter how small.
It captures your imagination and gets you thinking. Maybe they aren't small...perhaps we are just big?
This a feel-good movie, and I do recommend you see it. Whether you are a child at heart or four-foot tall, I believe it will leave you with a smile on your face and, do I dare say it, a warm, fuzzy feeling.

No comments: