Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Friday, April 25, 2008

Sub & Trans

This 'story' is a home-learning task for English. We were instructed to use all the sub and trans words we were given in a blog entry, such as transfigure (transform, to change in outward form or appearance) and subdivide (to divide which has already been divided).
So,
subsequently, here is that explicit entry, with the subject of the afternoon and night after I was given this assignment. Ahem.

Last night, I went for a swim at the beach. The water held a certain chill, but after I had
submerged myself beneath its surface, the temperature became comfortable enough.
I returned home to the smell of dinner cooking, a very welcoming scent indeed. Over the past couple of weeks my mother has been
transfusing her knowledge of cooking to me whilst I help her preparing meals. While this is an enjoyable experience, I can't imagine doing it every night, and it has helped me realise why some nights my mother just buys Subway. [I understand this isn't the correct use of the word subway in relation to this task, but, hey, I just didn't ride on an underground electric railroad that day.]
Later, I sat down at the table with my family. Well, 80% of my family, since my six-year-old brother was not feeling particularly
submissive (i.e. compliant) at that instance. He was currently transverse on the floor, playing with his Bionicles.
'So, Eve, how was you day?' My father asked.
'Good, we had a
substitute teacher for P.E., but it was still a good lesson.' I replied. 'How was your day?'
'You wouldn't believe it, we've had another problem with the rent
transaction. Our current tenant is definitely transitory, but I hope he realises that not paying rent is a transgression of the law.' At that moment, my older brother had thought Dad to be distracted, and had reached for the remaining steak. Displaying sharp reflexes for a man of his age, my father swooped his fork down and had the steak on his plate before my older brother realised what was going on.
'You treat me like such a
subordinate.' He complained, his downcast eyes pointedly focused on his steak-less plate.
'Here, have some carrots,' my father consoled, 'and stop trying to
subvert the hierarchy of this family.'
I drank some water out of my
transparent glass and felt content with the fact that I had nothing to submit tomorrow.
Later still, with dinner complete, the family remained seated around the table.
Mum looked around at us all, and asked the dreaded question. 'Who is going to
transmigratee to the kitchen and do the dinner dishes?'
'I believe, unless you
have transposed the chore list, that it is Dad's turn to do them.' I chimed.
Dad shot me a look, to which I just smirked, then headed down the stairs to the kitchen.
'You have half an hour to
transmit e-mails, Eve, then I want you to start on you French translation work. '
'That smirk probably isn't
transient then, is it?' Dad called.

No comments: