Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Letter to the Folks

Dear the wonderful Mum and Dad,

I am writing this letter today in the hope of convincing you to take me on a world trip. I know that sentence is slightly
ambitious, but I will be happy with just Europe or the Americas.

For ages you two have discussed a world trip; in the naive year of 8 you scared me out of my wits, saying that we were going somewhere for six weeks. All these ideas, all these dreams, have sadly never become a reality. I feel bad to think that I have helped to stop these dreams by refusing to miss a day of school. I am glad to inform you that I have matured, perhaps slightly too late, in this respect, and am willing to take up to three weeks off school.

This trip really should take place sometime this year, as next year is
NCEA (School C.) and I could not afford to miss much time for such an important year. I truly believe that I deserve this trip. I am by no means that perfect daughter, but I am ideal for bragging about to you friends. I am aware that this is incredibly arrogant, but I think it is a valid point. I bake for you on-call and take your youngest son off your hands almost daily. Mum, you were taken to San Francisco and Hawaii at my age, wasn't it an amazing experience? Don't you want your own children to have th same oportunities? I mean, you turned out fantastic, is that in some way related to you international trips?

Let's go a world trip.
You've never 'done' Europe, so I'd be happy to share that experience with you. Or you could show us North Africa, Morocco, and transpose the love of their culture on to us. The speak French in Morocco, I could even order you coffee. Or you could take us to America, Canada. I know your eldest son has already been there, done that, but I have obviously gotten over than injustice, and am ready to explore the U. S. of A.. You said it yourself, it won't be long until family trips are a thing of the past, let's make some great memories and finish this era with a bang.

Yours most sincerely,

Eve,
(Your loving and some-what brilliant daughter, who desperately needs her mind widened by travel.)

No comments: