Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Netball Tournament

Yesterday, I arrived home from the netball tournament that I have mentioned earlier. We stayed by a stunning lake surrounded by pines and Nikau palms, a sight that blew me away every time I saw it. The camp itself wasn’t too shabby either, and the cabins were had proper walls, unlike year 8 camp, where we stayed in log cabins with gaps between the logs. We had no netball games on the first day, seeing as we left the school at around two o’clock. There was a four hour drive down to the tournament venue, but it passed pretty fast, and a large amount of junk food and stupid jokes helped to pass the time.
All the parents and teachers were very nice but it was quite amusing because, as I am vegetarian, I couldn’t eat most of the meals they had planned. They day before we departed a frazzled teacher had asked me, ‘But what do you eat?’
My mum wrote a list, trying to make it as simple as possible, and in the end, I brought food home because they bought so much for me.
I only played goal keep in the four and a half games I played (there’s ten in our team), but I want to start playing more GD as the season goes on.

The next day we had three games of netball. We won two games and lost one.
On Saturday we had four games, and we won three of those but lost one by two, 13-15, which was a real bummer, as we were winning in the second half.

The team we were playing in our last game pulled out, so we only had one game on Sunday, which we lost, but that team had been undefeated and we lost to them by the closest margin out of the entire tournament.
Depending on other results, we most probably came third overall in the junior netball. The aim of the trip was not only to try and win the tournament but to get our team playing well before the season starts. It was a pre-season tournament, obviously, (the real season starts next term).

The trip was very useful because we have already started training and are working on weaknesses and team strategies.
I have to admit that I am one of the worse players in the team but, being the fantastically positive person that I am, I have decided that being in Team 1 will force me to improve.

The camp was a lot of fun and I am so glad that I went.
Now, bring on the netball season!

No comments: