Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Sunday, August 24, 2008

4 days

I'm rather excited about something, you know. It is the Panic (!) at the Disco concert. This fantastically fantastic, superbly smashing event will be occurring on the 30th of August AD 2008, A.K.A., this Saturday. It is so close; nerves of anticipation have already taken up residence in my veins. A butterfly aviary has been opened up in my stomach. A smile makes its way on to my face whenever I think about it. It is going to be such a great night.

So, Bobbie-Leigh, my dear friend, bought the tickets online quite a while ago. I don't know when exactly, but I can tell you it was more than 93 days ago. We are very close to the stage. I know this because I have been to this stadium/arena thing before, when I saw My Chemical Romance live last year, and I was pretty damn close; Seat 37 in one of the front wings. This time, I'm seat number 31. Bobbie is in seat 30. It's on the 30 of the month, which is also the day of the lead guitarist's (George) Ryan Ross the 3rd, 22nd birthday. That's gotta be a sign, don't you think?

Oh, and the two opening bands are successful in their own right. Cobra Starship, and The Academy Is...
(I wasn't sure if I should add another full stop in there, because the ellipse is part of the name). They are both good bands, so it really is like three in one!

The concert day has sort of crept up on me. I have been counting down, and was initially thrilled, but for as while, it kind of slipped my mind. I didn't forget it, though it was not at the forefront of my conscious. Then, all of a sudden, it was three weeks. Then two. That second week went by so quickly, then I woke up and it was Saturday morning. It was a week away.

Today, as another of my dear friends put it, was the last Monday before the concert.
I still don't know what I am going to wear. I know it's a materialistic, superfluous thing to worry about, but hey, I am allowed to be a regular teenage girl every once and a while. I was thinking a summer dress, but with a cardigan, waist belt, tights and boots. Boots are going to have to be part of the outfit. Not because my knee high flat boots are gorgeous, but they are the means which we are going to smuggle my digital camera in. Smuggle. Ha.

Anyway, they don't let you take water bottles (think the My Chem bottling), or cameras or videos in to the arena. Or umbrellas. They scan you, too. Not everyone, just people that look suspicious, I guess. It goes without saying that I got scanned last time, on 6/12/07
. I'm thinking it will be fine, at the bottom of my boots, albeit, I am yet to actually try it. Maybe that would be a good idea, because having a camera-shaped outline in your boots is probably not the best plan. Truth is, it would be really cool to take it. My camera's not the best, but it is rather good. It takes three minute vids, with sound, and has a decent zoom, too. Plus I have a massive memory card. I only took some videos on my phone last time, and my hand was as far from steady as it is possible to be.
Oh, by the way, if you are a member of this venue's security staff, please don't bust me. Have a heart.

So, now this is all recorded. When I am wishing to record what happens down, I won't have to go through all this little stuff. So, as to end where I began; I am so excited!

No comments: