Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Aujourd'hui

Okay, so I found another way to write 'today'. In this blog-bordering-on-diary entry, I am not even going to waste time writing about me writing...if that makes sense.
Basically, I'm bored. It's kind of late, and I should be getting ready for bed. I have netball tomorrow at quarter to eight in the morning (yes, with my sore ankle), and after school, I have two hours of library service. Remind me to take my Duke of Edinburough form, to get it signed. As it is, I have, like, four or five sections that need to be signed. Yep, I guess it is going to be a long day.

I finished my maths work, pretty much. I just have to add in a few numbers and read over it at school, and I will be schweet. I also have highlighted all my research
and began drafting my report. I think it is going to take more time and effort than I had anticipated. I believe I can do it, though. Oh, my, this is so like every other entry I've written lately. I mention homework, or more accurately homelearning. Well, in my defence it is a notable part of my life. Whoa, that is kind of sad.

I had a French test first period today. I think I did alright. It was one of the easier ones we have had, but quite time consuming. I don't like saying it was easy, though, for if I don't do to well, I'll feel like an idiot. We find out our results tomorrow. I am nervous about it, but no use worrying about something you can't change, right?

Speaking of worrying, I think it would be fair to say that our class, as an entity, is in a mild state of panic. You see, we were given our option forms for 2009 the other day. That is exam year, if you were wondering. NCEA. National Certificate of Educational Achievement. You need 80 credits to pass. None of us really knew much about it until today, until Ms. Wilson answered all of our questions. About time someone told us something, too. My friend from cross country club said in year ten all the teachers talk about is NCEA. For us, however, it was like the teachers were trying their best not to mention it at all. Oh, it's just our future, don't worry guys.
The forms aren't due until the Monday after next, so we can go to the course evening next week, before we make our final decision.

You can take 5 full year courses, and three half year. As far as I am concerned, the full year courses you take four times a six day cycle, and with half year, it's twice every six days. Yep, that must be right, because 5 x 4 is 2o, and 2 lots of 2 is four, and that equals 24, which is the amount of lessons in our six day cycle. Yeah, we only have four periods a day, plus tutor time.
English, Science, and Maths are compulsory, and they're full year courses. You also have to take P.E., and that's the interesting point I want to get at.

You can either take a full or half year course, but you have to take one. Our teacher told us yesterday that if you really want, you can 'argue it out' with our principal, and replace it with something else. I would take half-year chemistry instead, if I did so. I'm not sure if I will do it. As soon as I heard it, I remember thinking, 'hell yeah!', but then immediately afterwards, thinking about over-working myself and burning out- something I can not afford to do. I talked to my parents about this, and instead of the talk about over-doing it I had expected, I got something completely different.
There we were, eating dinner, and my mum said, looking at me quite curiously, 'of course you're going to take chemistry, what benefit will PE have?'.
My dad reiterated her point with,' how will PE benefit you in the future? How will that help you with you career?'.
I really don't know. I like PE, and that kind of fun team-sport thing is not something I'm likely to do in later life. Capture the flag, medic ball- I won't play those.
I am going to think about it, this is quite an important decision.

With growing up looming on the horizon, in the form of exams and tough choices, my light-headiness and good mood from yesterday is dissipating. What a I going to do?
It seems to be the question on everybody's mind.

No comments: