Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Beautiful Sunday Afternoon

'Let's go on an adventure.' Jacks suggests breathlessly.
We walk outside and stand on the drive way. The wind is blowing strong, and I could see a storm on the horizon. The sky was unusually dark for a Sunday afternoon.
'Spin me around, Eve,' my little brother asks. 'Make me fly.'
I hold him by the wrists and begin to turn, lifting his entire body of the ground. 'Round and 'round we go. I remember the pure ecstasy this used to give me as a young child, and vow to do it every time he asks. We stop, the world tilts to the side. The confusion is gorgeous; standing still and watching the world spin.

We run up the road, dizzy, and high on cookies. We aren't going particularly fast; we can't help laughing. Jack spots a man pruning some bushes in his front yard and this seems like the funniest thing in the world. We quickly turn to run in the other direction but spot two people heading our way. We run into the only spare section on our street, up and over the ridge to hide. Not being spotted gives us a little thrill. We creep back to the path and spot a lady power walking down the other side of the street.
'Act normal.' I whisper to Jack. We walk together slowly, humming a tune, suppressing giggles. As soon as she walks past we crack up and sprint off. We run and run. Down the hill to Swann Beach.

The dark green waves crashed against the sea. The tide was high. A quarter-moon hung daintily in the sky. We stood at the end of the walk way, heads thrown back,
pretending to fly. We climbed down the tree and jumped in the the surf. It was freezing cold, but it didn't matter. We jumped and splashed and ran and danced. Me and Jack, Jack and I; we were on top of the world. We climbed some trees, and yelled at one another above the wind.
'Come hit the wind with me so it doesn't get you.' Jack says seriously.
'Why would you hit the wind?' I ask him. 'He's a nice guy.'
He looks at me for a short moment, then nods; this makes sense to him.

Soon after we are sitting on a tree trunk that has grown over the edge of the cliff. There was nothing beneath us. The sky was now navy, and the moon shone brightly.
'I wish we could go there, to the moon.' Jack says, gazing upwards.
'One day,' I say. 'One day.'

And so we sat, with the rain coming, with the wind blowing, with the sea roaring; just sitting, just being; just living.

No comments: