Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thursday

Thursday is always such a long day. For instance, last Thursday, I had netball training in the morning, then the regional Cross Country Championships, then library service after school.
Today was slightly different, but just as busy, and just as tiring.

The alarm sounded in its
horrific beeping way at 6.45, guest-starring in my dream before I became fully conscious. It was dark outside, and sleep was still beckoning me, but whether I liked it or not, it was the beginning of another day.
I stumbled around in my room, not really doing much except for trying to wake up. It seemed like I had just pulled on my netball shoes when the clock informed me that it was 7.30. Yelling some mildly offending obscenity I managed to pull the rest of my things together and get out of the house on time.
I walked to school, the sun not even in the sky, and made my way to the gym. I felt so lethargic, much as I do now. We started netball training with running, and I must admit I did feel better afterwards. Then our coach informed us that shooters had to shoot twenty goals, and every time they missed they had to run to the half-court line. Oh, and while they we were doing that the whole team had to be running. It wasn't actually bad, as I do like running, but I wouldn't go as far to say as it was good fun.

After struggling into
woollen tights it was time for a maths class. I do like maths, and sometimes you're in the mood for plain logic. But when that 'plain logic' just doesn't make sense, it makes you feel all the more unintelligent.

Second period. Time for the writing test I had payed $13.50 to take. I did okay, I think, but nothing spectacular. After that was done half an hour later, I literally ran to the
other side of the school.
I entered the silent French class red faced and breathing hard. Did I forget to mention that we were having a
French unit test second period as well? I sat myself down and stared at the words.
Gradually, I calmed down and managed to make sense of the questions at hand.
I got it done, and, again, I think I did
alright, but probably not perfect.
In Business Studies the next period we were told that we had a test on Monday that counted for half of our grade.
Yay.

Lunchtime was enjoyable, as it is most days, just sitting, eating, talking with my friends.
Next we had English, which was actually quite fun. Besides
copying down 90 town names that we have to memorise, we didn't do much else. Oh, but we did make origami blow up...things, which were very entertaining, especially when thrown at other people.

Next was library servie time. I walked to the library, and read to pass the time between the end of school and four. I checked in books, then did a bit of shelving. I came across two
interesting magazines while I was scanning the loads of books, which is in encouraging. That's one of the best things about the hour's service I do at the library weekly; finding the books I never would usually. I glanced of those New Scientist magazines earlier, and there lay answers to some of my never-ending questions.

At 5, as I stepped out into the
twilight, I slightly regretted declining my mother's offer of picking me up. I was reducing my carbon footprint by walking, I consoled myself as I stood at the pedestrian lights, Im saving the planet.
The walk home wasn't as enjoyable as it usually is, but it did give me time to think, even if I was having to concentrate on staying upright and keeping my eyes open. My shoulders hurt and I was dead beat, but I had done it; it was over.

...until tomorrow, when I have rehearsal at 7.15 in the morning.

No comments: