Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Last Sunday

You poor, neglected little blog. It seems a lot of time has passed since the last time I have pushed Publish Post.
I sit at the computer now, not entirely sure of what I am going to write about.
Okay, how about last Sunday.

Firstly, there was an all day Alice in Wonderland rehearsal, and I didn't go. I had been given a notice with all the dates on, I just hadn't realised it was that Sunday- it didn't even cross my mind. But I am committed, I am.
That aside, I had a wonderfully laid-back day.
I slept in, a luxury that I can indulge in only once weekly. I slouched around the house in my pajamas and bed socks, and watched the cartoon channels. I played a game of Monopoly against my 6 year-old brother, and won. When I informed him that he owed me $1000, he had a fit. He threw a tantrum and decided to help himself to five hundred dollar notes from the bank. I hadn't got as much satisfaction from charging him rent and beating him as I thought I would.
See, the last two times I have played him he had been very lucky and actually won. So, I, being the competitive person I am, had been determined to crush him. But when he landed on Strand from the sixth time, with three houses sitting on it, I hadn't felt good. Especially when he didn't calculate the sum of the dice, and asked, ever so eagerly, 'Did I pass you?'
Though, he was probably just using his cuteness for his advantage, the conniving little brat. Lately, he has developed a fetish with stealing my things. He hides them under his bed, and then loses them. So neither of us can have my Disney Princess Aerial toy now.
He even stole my MCR shirt, but luckily, I salvaged that before it was too late. At least he has some taste.

Anyway, moving swiftly away from that ramble, and back to what I did on Sunday. All in all, I employed different avoiding tactics throughout the day. We had to do a project on a developing country, and I usually love that sort of thing, but once I know I have to do something, the fun dissipates, and it becomes a chore.
My first tactic was going for a walk. My little brother and I walked to the dairy and bought butter, milk, and sour gumballs.
When we got home, I made banana bread. I hung 'round in the kitchen, grazing, then ate some.
I then decided to make apricot tartlets. I did this without any recipe, something that I am quite proud of.
I actually didn't get to try one, but around my house, that's a good sign. They were eaten pretty quickly.

By that time it was a good way through the afternoon, so I sat at the computer and got the hard stuff done- GDP and HDI stats, etc. About forty minutes later I decided to go for a run.
The tide was low, the shadows long, and it was beautiful, as usual. It was a really good run, and when I returned I, wasas refreshed and ready to tackle my project.
Metaphorically, that is.

That's all that I can remember about that day, but as it is, it will remain in my memory as a good one. So there you go, not the best or most substantial blog entry, but one all the same.

No comments: