Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Sunday, June 15, 2008

That Night, on the Precipice of Magic

You hear about it in movies, you read about in books; how one noise or song can take a person back to their memory. That is exactly what happens to me when I hear This is how I Disappear by My Chemical Romance. The strong, unforgettable opening bars take me back to the Vector Arena, where I saw My Chemical Romance live. December 6th.
The best night of my life.

Standing, unbelieving, in the crowded arena. The lights dim; 150 days of counting down has lead to this moment. The stadium is dark; screams erupt. I can't describe the feeling. Joy. Excitement. Ecstasy. None of those words even come close. I look over to the wing of the stage. I see Ray's unmissable 'fro. I see Mikey holding a bass. I see Gerard
freaking Way. Me and Amy glance at each other. Her expression is mirroring mine. Eyes wide, conveying the question, 'can this actually be happening?'.

We grab hands and jump up and down, and just scream. The emotion inside us has to come out. They take the stage. The lights are still low. Then, that's when I hear the noise; the symbol crashes four times. The sound of that first song. But that wasn't how I disappeared; that was how I felt more alive, felt
more really there, than I can remember.
Gerard screamed,
Go! And everyone went crazy.

They were right there. They were so close.
We danced and sang and cried, yelled and jumped and cheered. Every moment was amazing. A world apart from a damn CD. A world away from reality.
How can I describe it to you? I can't give it justice, that's for certain.
But when I hear that song, I takes me back. My mind travels through time and space, and I'm standing in seat 37, watching magic; being part of it.
The flames that graced the stage heated our flesh. The stage lights controlled our vision.
Over one hundred thousand people singing the words; unified.
From Cancer to Cemetery Drive, we were there. It did happen.

I remember the morning of that day. I packed my black tee-shirt into my school bag, and knew I'd be different when I came home that night. That day wasn't real. I had a maths exam. There was a light grey sky. It rained. In the afternoon it was humid, the air warm and heavy.
But the night...

The night was so beautiful, so amazing, it almost hurt. It's gone now, but it will always be there.

If you were here I'd never have a fear.
So go on live your life.

But I miss you more than I did yesterday.

You're so far away.

So
c'mon show me how.
'Cause I mean this more than words can ever say.


Some might say we are made from the sharpest things you say

We are young and we don't care.

Your dreams and your hopeless hair.


'Cause I mean this more than words can ever say.


-Give 'Em Hell, Kid

No comments: