Hola!

This is my blog, my super-fantastic blog, to be exact.
I hope you like reading it, and hearing about my various enthralling escapades.
I'm sure you will just be capitaivated by my highly interesting entries, deep, profound thoughts and opinionated views.
No, don't exit!
I'm not [completely] selfish and vain, I just happen to have a very lame, sarcastic sense of humour.
So. Right.
Have fun.

But not too much fun.

[That doesn't make sense, does it?]

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Where do I see myself in 10 years?

Where will I be in yen years' time? Where do I see myself?
Well, I'm sorry, but I just do not know.
I could be in my 5th year of studying medicine.
I could be working in a low position in the New Zealand consulate.
I might be in France, sitting outside a run down caf
é, considering my career as a struggling writer.
Maybe there is going to be a time-warp, and I'll still be sitting here in English, waitingfor my creative writing grade. I could be anywhere.
Do you really expect me to know what I want to be when I grow up? I'll tell you one thing for certain, I'll want to be young again.
One day I'll have a career, one day I will be dedicating my life to something. How can I know what that is yet? I'm only fourteen years old, people!
Do I want to think about aging, growing old?
No, right now, I don't want to think about the future. All it achieves is more questions that I can't answer. Answers I can't find in any text book or through any amount of research.

Will I be involved in the UN? Wanting so badly to make a difference but only ever talking. Just talking and talking, producing treaties with no binding power on every problem in the world.
Will I be a lawyer, a reporter, a politician?
What do I want? Do I even want anything?
I suppose I have always dreamed of being a household name, not necessarily famous, just renowned in my profession. I want to enjoy my job and not think of it as work. I want to be making some sort of positive difference. I want travel. I want a wage with which I can live comfortably. I want to publish a book. I want people to study me in school, or study my texts and speeches, to use quotes of mine. I guess I just want it all. But that's one thing nobody can have, and I know that sooner or later I am going to have to make some decisions. Eventually I will start to explore options, but for now, I plan on enjoying being a kid.

I can't fight time, I can't stop it, and time waits for no man. The future scares me more than you can imagine. As they say, fear is the unknown. What if I never amount to anything? All that dreaming, all that ambition; wasted.
Now I would just like to fleetingly mention talent. If I had something I was blatantly good at, I would have a clear cut path to the future. Some sort of sign to follow. But I don't have any talents. I'm okay at school, though I haven't got a high IQ and I'm not gifted. I can sort if write stories, but I'm hopeless when compared to anyone else. I am in limbo; mediocre at everything.

So, where do I see myself in ten years time?
There is no way for me to see, and the fog that blocks my vision will only be dispelled over time. As I learn, about the world and about myself, and grow, in wisdom and as a person. As I just grow up.
I'll be somewhere in ten years' time, when I'm 24. I just don't know yet, so I'll get back to you.

No comments: